Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Trip to the Moon: A Journal Entry

(This is a journal entry about my movie experience that I would have written had I lived during the time 'A Trip to the Moon' was released.)

Dear Journal,

There I was, sitting on one of the front row seats. It was premiere night and I was invited to witness this spectacular event. It was a motion picture called A Trip to the Moon and it was just amazing.

Never have I seen such mind-boggling effects before. I know it’s fiction, but it felt so real. Everything looked so real, from the spaceship to the moon landscape to the smoke that comes out whenever an alien dies. I will forever remember how the telescopes of the men would transform into other things. It felt like I was part of all the action. I actually jumped a bit from surprise during some scenes. I was on the edge of my seat and I might have annoyed some people behind me, but I didn’t really care. The film was just so magical and that’s all that mattered.

And then there were the colors. This was the first time I saw a show with actual color and my golly it was very pretty. I was a bit irked by the inconsistencies in the color and shading though. I mean, seriously, I could do a better job in coloring. But then again, I heard they had to color every single frame so I guess those mistakes are forgivable. Putting that aside, the color was wonderful and it surely added more life into the film. We really have come a long way in technology, haven’t we? Next stop: voices! Yes, I am serious about that. It would make everything really believable. It would take motion pictures to a whole new level.

This film will always have a special place in my heart. It had captured my attention right from the start and it did not let me go until the very end. The story, the effects, and the colors worked so well together that it made a masterpiece out of something that seemed very nonsensical. This is my favorite film so far and I hope future films would be as good as (if not better than) this one.

That is all I have to tell you, dearest journal. For now, I shall daydream about going to the moon like what they did in the show. Gosh, they really did a good job in making me believe travelling to the moon is actually possible. It’s crazy.

Hannah Dungca
2013-14765

No comments:

Post a Comment